1. Masterclass – Register to Observe
The master class with Professor Wellborn is now fully booked and we had to stretch it from 2 hours to 3 hours to include more interested students.
Although the class for participants is full, if you are interested in observing the class on zoom sign up here
To learn about Professor Wellborn see his bio.
Here is the program for master class:
Sunday March 13th at 1pm-4pm (at Golden Key Piano School and on Zoom)
1. Haydn, Sonata in E flat major Hob. XVI 16 (first movement) played by Eileen (9 years old)
2. Beethoven, Sonata WoO 47 Number 3 (first movement) played by Athena (14 years old)
3. Chopin Nocturne op.9 no. 1 played by Nathalie (adult student)
4. Chopin Waltz op. 70, No 1 played by Merienne (12 years old)
5. Chopin Polonaise op.26 no1 played by Jaslene (13 years old)
6. Chopin Waltz Op. Posth in E minor played by Ryan (13 years old)
2. NEW PROGRAM: Monthly Zoom Performance Day
Like many of our good programs, the idea of having a monthly zoom performance day came out of a conversation with one of the caring parents in our school.
Performance is a skill that needs to be developed parallel to learning how to play the instrument. Performance opportunities can also be good motivations for the students to share the result of their hard work.
We are looking forward to seeing all distance learners on our monthly zoom performance day. Those who take in person lesson are also welcome to join and take advantage of this performance opportunity.
To sign up for the March Zoom Performance Day please enter your name here. The event is free.
3. Fundraiser Recital for Elaine Scholarship Fund
Many thanks to all of you who donated to our scholarship fund through the last year and special thanks to Elaine who started this idea.
Your donations can help us provide quality piano lessons to a larger community and include those who need financial aid.
To learn how you can donate please see our Elaine’s Scholarship Fund page here:
Elaine’s Scholarship Fund
The recital happens on April 10th, early afternoon.
Exact Time and Venue TBD.
You can start donating via the link above.
Additionally, we invite anyone in the community to donate items (arts/crafts/gift certificates) for an auction that will happen during the recital.
All proceeds from the auction will go towards Elaine’s Scholarship Fund.
4. Referral System
Many thanks for referrals!
We have been registering students who were referred to us by current or former students of Golden Key Piano School. Believe it or not, we have even had referrals from those who are just starting their own lessons at Golden Key Piano School. We are flattered and grateful for the confidence that our students and their families have in our ability to teach.
To return the favor, for each student that is referred, we will:
- Add $50 to our scholarship fund to make our quality lessons available to a wider community.
- Waive the $30 registration fee for your friend as a welcome gift to our school.
- Send you a thank you gift.
5. Students Spotlight
For this month’s student spotlight we are sharing a wonderful performance by Ryan playing Waltz in E minor by F. Chopin.
We chose this month’s student spotlight from our WhatsApp group posts. We would love to see more of you on the group so feel free to post and share your progress.
6. Calendar Reminder
A reminder that school is closed from March 28th to April 2nd. We arrange the calendar based on 16 lessons per semester so when the school is closed you are not missing a lesson. We hope you enjoy your break.