1. Annual Solo Recital
Congratulations to all students for your beautiful performances. We will see you all on Sunday, May 23rd, 2021 for the streaming of the recital.
Link for beginner’s stream 5/23/2021 3:30pm: https://youtu.be/mbHofRZAeZo
Link for Intermediate’s stream 5/23/2021 5:00pm: https://youtu.be/_3ag7Y7azpo
Link for Advanced stream 5/23/2021 7:00pm: https://youtu.be/0ab_68osX_I
Please find which group you are in given we will have three recitals at three different starting times:
2. Referral Program
Many thanks for referrals!
We have been registering students who were referred to us by current or former students of Golden Key Piano School. Believe it or not, we have even had referrals from those who are just starting their own lessons at Golden Key Piano School. We are flattered and grateful for the confidence that our students and their families have in our ability to teach.
To return the favor, for each student that is referred, we will:
- Add $50 to our scholarship fund to make our quality lessons available to a wider community.
- Waive the $30 registration fee for your friend as a welcome gift to our school.
- Send you a thank you gift.
3. Motivation Tips
Here are two ideas to help boost students’ motivation:
- Arrange at-home performances for the family. It’s not necessary to have the piece perfectly done or memorized to play it for parents, grandparents, siblings, or other loved ones after dinner. Playing for your family is a great start for practicing your performance skills and is also a great way to make yourself aware of your own improvement as you grow as a pianist. We strongly recommend that you make this a part of your weekly routine.
- Listening to classical music at home is a great way to learn music. Yes, I said to learn music. How can you learn any language without hearing native speakers speak it? The music language is not an exception. And, it is impossible for a student to want to learn a particular piece if they have never heard it. So, expand your “palette” and make it a habit to listen to classical music in the car, while you eat, or while you are doing your homework.
Teachers may have recommendations in regard to classical music listening. These suggestions are available in your assignment google doc. If you don’t see any suggestions there, ask your teacher or just start with Mozart piano sonatas or piano concertos.
4. Welcoming Our First Student On Scholarship
We are pleased to announce that one student started taking lessons at Golden Key Piano School this month using the Elaine Scholarship Fund. Congratulations to our recipient whose name will remain confidential.
Many thanks to all of you who donated to our scholarship fund and special
thanks to Elaine who started this idea.
Your donations can help us provide quality piano lessons to a larger community and include those who need financial aid.
To learn how you can donate please see our Elaine’s Scholarship Fund page here:
Elaine’s Scholarship Fund
5. Student’s News
Congratulations to Ryan Hong for successfully passing the Royal Conservatory Exam on Level 6. We are proud of you, Ryan!
6. Teacher’s News
Our beloved Christoper Richardson won first prize at the 2021 LA International Liszt Competition, Budapest Division, and will be performing all-Liszt concerts in Budapest (Hungary), London, and Washington D.C. in the future.
Liszt Competition Winners 2021